image via pinterest
When you work from home, it can become challenging to find the work/life boundaries and balance. Set some ground rules to help you form clear distinctions between the two. Here are some of my rules –
- Plan your day – Set work hours. It’s good to follow a 9 – 5 style of schedule to keep work as a priority.
- Never work from the bed
- Get dressed every morning – you won’t feel productive, if you don’t look the part
- Take pre-planned breaks – I suggest taking frequent mini walks. This helps your body stay awake and refreshed.
- Prioritize – Separate normal life from work life. Trying to multitask and tackle both at the same time will only get you overwhelmed and your outcome will suffer
- Bonus tip – Don’t forget/delay your meals. Sometimes we get carried in the work we are doing and forget it’s lunch time.
I am finding these simple steps have made me appreciate working from home, and in turn left me more productive and happy. Being at home can make some people feel lazy, where all they want to do is work from their couch and this is why I have put in place certain boundaries for myself to ensure that I don’t enter either one of the extremes: the lazy or the workaholic. I feel so blessed to do what I do, in the comfort of my own home, and to be my own boss. Be a self-starter!