This season I am leaning towards simple and easy styles. I love dressing up but, most days you can find me in a no-fuss simple colorful sundress. It is always wise to keep a comfy cover up with you. I rely on this sweater way more than I planned to when I was buying it. My go-to summer sweater. Today is one of those rare days where it rains and shines at the exact same time. It’s killer on a good hair day but sans the hair issue, it’s really quite nice. Warm sunshine, cool rain. It could be a lot worse — I mean it could be super windy. I’ll take misty rain over wild wind any day of the week. (If you’ve ever wondered why I touch my hair so much in posts it’s because it’s windy and I’m trying to hold my hair down so I don’t look crazy). Continue reading
Work wear look for the summer days. You can never go wrong with black.
I love summer. It means trips to all my favorite street fairs and theme parks. This romper was one of those random finds at Forever 21. I saw this adorable print and I knew I had to pick it up. I just thought how perfect for summer. ‘Island chic’ is my current love in the summer trends.
My husband always says that I am his ‘tropical vacation’ and in this outfit I feel like one. 🙂 Continue reading
Black and white is an instantly chic combo.
Long weekends in the summer are for fun outdoorsy times. One of my favorite things to do is a picnic with the family. Happy Memorial Day!
Summer is here and that means time to brush up on our sun safety habits before the fun begins. The best way to enjoy your time outdoors this summer is to get smart and practice safe sun. via Pinterest
- Sunscreen –
- Generously apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 which provides broad spectrum protection.
- Don’t skimp. Use at least an ounce of sunscreen for every time at least 30 minutes before going outside.
- Re-apply every two hours after swimming or sweating.
- Timing –
- Limit sun exposure for sun-burn prone parts like eyes, nose, lips by wearing protective gear such as a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Sun’s rays are strongest in between 10 am to 4 pm so seek shade when appropriate.
- Hydration –
- Drink plenty of water especially on hot sunny days to keep your body amply hydrated.
Hope you have a safe and happy upcoming summer!
Nothing is as unpredictable as the weather this year. From 80 degrees F it went into 40 degrees F. On such confused forecast days, a spring / summer (it is almost memorial day weekend – that is legally supposed to be summer) jacket is a must. I like jackets that are light weight and those that can keep you comfortable in 45 – 65 degrees F weather. These jackets are perfect for seasonal transitions throughout the year.
Here are some of my favorites:
3. (Summer) Tweed Jacket
5. Trench coat