Summer is just around the corner. (Trust me!) While the weather is not particularly balmy yet transition your style by layering your spring outfits with comfortable and season-friendly scarves, sweatshirts and denim jackets. Continue reading
You must have heard the popular saying ‘April showers bring May flowers’. While we wait for the season’s blooms and sunny days (specially here in the Chicago area), it is hard to get excited about your outfit when the weather outside is pouring. My spring maxi skirts and bright colored pumps seem to mock me on such dreary watery ruin-your-hair-and-shoes day. But, rain doesn’t always have to wash away your style. April showers also bring the perfect reason to flaunt your cute umbrella and strut around in your bright colored wellies. ‘When it rains on your parade, just put on really cute boots!’
My favorite style tip of grey days is to include bright colors in your outfit.
Rainy days can be happy days. Here are some of my favorite classic rainy-day activities:
- Bowling. A frizzy ponytail goes well with those shoes anyway.
- Enjoy some art. This is the perfect opportunity to finally go to that museum’s new photography exhibit everyone is talking about so you can quit pretending you’re just as cultured as your hip friend who always manages to do that stuff before you even hear of it.
- Play grown-up games. Pool halls are, like, the arcades of old people. Being inside a dingy, dark bar on a glorious fall day would be a waste, but it’s the perfect use of a cold and rainy one. If you want to pretend to need help so he’ll lean in and put his arms around you, I won’t judge. But it’s also very sexy to know exactly what you’re doing on your own.
- Netflix staying indoors not leaving the house until all those disgusting earthworms have crawled back underground kinda date. A rainy day is a good day to catch a few or all of the episodes of TV show or an oldy goldie classic movie you’ve been meaning to watch but can’t seem to fit in your rotation.
- Kinect/ Wii tournament – makes for a fun date idea. Go ahead, kick his butt.
- Cook a luxurious meal together. You have nothing else on your agenda tonight, so you might as well try that complicated recipe that usually interferes with your other plans. Even if you’re not much of a chef, take the time to make something you’d normally just buy. Cookies from scratch or homemade soup are surprisingly easy, and make your whole house smell like warm comfort.
- If you’re willing to get wet splash like children in puddles. Use those new rain boots you just went shopping for.
- Lazy afternoon in a café. Slowly sip a cappuccino or a glass of wine, and try to do it by a window. It’s either gloomily romantic with a date or cheerfully hilarious with a friend, as you watch people outside get soaked.
Can you tell I am ready for the weekend? 🙂 Let’s go splashing through puddles!
Winter is finally behind us and the streets have started to bloom. Each spring the stores get filled with a variety of colorful and printed trends. Stripping off the layers and slipping into some spring styles feels more therapeutic than indulgent. But, before heading off to the mall, take a fresh look at your own closet and you might find some blooming styles just waiting (hanging) for you!
Here are some easy to find trendy spring styles which are most likely to be found in your closet :
Trend: SheerSheer styles perfectly complement spring’s not-quite-warm weather. It adds a little extra warmth while still revealing a hint of skin. Look for on-trend pieces like silk blouses, chiffon skirts or lightweight scarves. To play it safe, as a general rule, stick with one sheer piece per outfit.
Trend: Nautical A fresh nautical inspired look is a perennial favorite and a classic. Plus the blue & white pairing is having a moment in the spotlight this spring. Opt for pieces like striped tees, crisp white shirts, white pants, navy jackets and red accents. Nautical is all about minimalism. Keep it clean in color and lines.
Trend: Shirt dresses A shirt dress is a very versatile piece in any wardrobe. It’s perfect for wearing on a casual basis, but can also be suited to more formal occasions. Pick structured button down pieces and add a chunky belt to create more flattering look. A simple denim dress will be your go-to for all your spring events.
Trend: Retro = 70’s & 90’s inspired Dig out your fringe bags and flared jeans. Retro is in. Think luxe bohemian with a touch of disco glam. Pieces like wide-leg pants, longer tops and long statement necklaces will make you look seasonally on-trend.
Happy Friday! Spring is in aka florals are in abundance. Adorn them on your body and hair to embrace the blooming spring season. Continue reading
Happy first day of Spring! In spring, my go to jacket is always a classic trench coat. It is a must-have piece for any closet and pairs well with all outfits. Lately, I am becoming a fan of the flared denim. I am glad this flattering trend is making a come-back. Try one out for yourself. Continue reading
In March, it is difficult to transition to a lighter wardrobe at such times. Don’t be disheartened. Give your winter coat a spring update by sporting a coat in a lighter pastel color. I love color blocking pastels paired with prints. This outfit looks spring but, still keeps me warm in the Chicagoland climate. Continue reading
A shift dress can be the most versatile piece of clothing in your closet. I especially love the printed one like this Wayf number. It makes a perfect outfit for family gatherings and friendly meet-ups. It is cozy and comfortable and can also be easily dressed up with accessories. Get yourself one (or more) this season and style it easily for all your occasions : casual or dressy. Continue reading
Happy sunny Monday! The weather has been so nice lately. I plan to spend most of this spring-like season in comfortable boyfriend jeans and relaxed chiffon tops. This flowy, romantic and soft sweater is perfect for spring-time. It mixes the tomboy appeal of a sweatshirt with the feminine feel of a blouse…two amazing looks! I also love that it’s lightweight enough to wear on warmer spring days and will be perfect with a light-leather jacket thrown on top if the weather gets a little bit cooler in the evenings. Continue reading