Summer is here and that means time to brush up on our sun safety habits before the fun begins. The best way to enjoy your time outdoors this summer is to get smart and practice safe sun. via Pinterest
- Sunscreen –
- Generously apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 which provides broad spectrum protection.
- Don’t skimp. Use at least an ounce of sunscreen for every time at least 30 minutes before going outside.
- Re-apply every two hours after swimming or sweating.
- Timing –
- Limit sun exposure for sun-burn prone parts like eyes, nose, lips by wearing protective gear such as a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Sun’s rays are strongest in between 10 am to 4 pm so seek shade when appropriate.
- Hydration –
- Drink plenty of water especially on hot sunny days to keep your body amply hydrated.
Hope you have a safe and happy upcoming summer!