Some of my favorite holiday outfits:
1 pant, 3 ways Continue reading
Happy Memorial Day weekend! That only means ‘hello Summer’! (Now only if the weather stays warm consistently). I am so excited for skirt season again. Pants are cool, but skirts make me happy. I am so drawn to this skirt. It’s so full, so bright, so midi – all good things in one skirt. It makes me instantly feel put together, classic and girly all at the same time. It makes a perfect outfit to welcome the fun summer season. Continue reading
Nothing is as unpredictable as the weather this year. From 80 degrees F it went into 40 degrees F. On such confused forecast days, a spring / summer (it is almost memorial day weekend – that is legally supposed to be summer) jacket is a must. I like jackets that are light weight and those that can keep you comfortable in 45 – 65 degrees F weather. These jackets are perfect for seasonal transitions throughout the year.
Here are some of my favorites:
3. (Summer) Tweed Jacket
5. Trench coat
Summer is just around the corner. (Trust me!) While the weather is not particularly balmy yet transition your style by layering your spring outfits with comfortable and season-friendly scarves, sweatshirts and denim jackets. Continue reading
The stripes and florals trend is one of my FAVES right now. The combination of stripes and florals is especially popular this season, and easier to pull off than busier print-on-print pairings. It’s one of the freshest and most modern ways to throw together a casually fashion-forward ensemble. That being said, the last time I rocked this combo on the blog was in this post, way back when. I figured it was about time we let er’ shine again! So who’s with me? Are wearing the stripes and florals trend? What better way to spice up a daytime ensemble than having fun with printed separates? Also see a summertime look with this skirt here. Continue reading
When it comes to the first day at a new job, it’s important to put your best foot (and face!) forward. One of the easiest ways to settle those first-day jitters and make a stellar first impression is to find the perfect work-appropriate look.
- Wear your hair in a bun or a braid – Keeping your hair off your face sends the message that you are ready to get down to business.
- Opt for comfortable shoes – the ones you can easily move around in.
- Go easy on the perfume – keep it simple and light.
- Get a fresh manicure – It’ll make you look as powerful and put together as you feel.
- Accessorize tastefully – Don’t overdo it
Bonus tip – Stock up on mints – Chewing gum isn’t exactly the picture of professionalism.
Remember less is more. Keep it simple, radiant and refreshing and you will be feeling better than ever.
image via pinterest
When you work from home, it can become challenging to find the work/life boundaries and balance. Set some ground rules to help you form clear distinctions between the two. Here are some of my rules –
- Plan your day – Set work hours. It’s good to follow a 9 – 5 style of schedule to keep work as a priority.
- Never work from the bed
- Get dressed every morning – you won’t feel productive, if you don’t look the part
- Take pre-planned breaks – I suggest taking frequent mini walks. This helps your body stay awake and refreshed.
- Prioritize – Separate normal life from work life. Trying to multitask and tackle both at the same time will only get you overwhelmed and your outcome will suffer
- Bonus tip – Don’t forget/delay your meals. Sometimes we get carried in the work we are doing and forget it’s lunch time.
I am finding these simple steps have made me appreciate working from home, and in turn left me more productive and happy. Being at home can make some people feel lazy, where all they want to do is work from their couch and this is why I have put in place certain boundaries for myself to ensure that I don’t enter either one of the extremes: the lazy or the workaholic. I feel so blessed to do what I do, in the comfort of my own home, and to be my own boss. Be a self-starter!
wink & smile
cocktails & jitters
flowers & dates
sofa & smooch
desserts & spoons….spooning
flute & toast
now & forever!